- Sample Portfolio Products/Projects: 1 full-scope/agile + 2 marketing projects (next page)
- Assets: 9 exhibits + files (next page) – Preview
- Role: Designed and launched, in an agile team of 7, the first-in-the-industry mobile learning app, leading to enrollment growth from under 500K to over 600K students in under one year upon deployment.
A Bit More
In 2007, University of Phoenix (wiki) set out to deploy a mobile learning application for its students and faculty – the first application of its kind in the higher education domain. A contract team consisting of 7 product generalists, designers and developers was assembled for this waterfall job, which was later redefined as Agile (upon my initiative – see my LinkedIn recommendations). The team collaborated remotely: I was working for the National Association of Realtors in Chicago at the time, and so I only met my University of Phoenix team in person 2-3 times a month. My core responsibilities included working with internal and external stakeholders to define the project scope and the product’s roadmap, leading the product’s UX/CX design (including information architecture and the “look and feel” of the app, from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel-perfect prototypes), conducting usability testing/studies, handling most aspects of QA and testing, plus managing the initial post-deployment product iteration. Additionally, I was involved in two marketing projects to generate new enrollment. The mobile application was released in 2009, and a year later the university reached its record enrollment number of over 600 thousand USA students – an increase of over 20 percent from the year before. Over the following year (2010), Apollo Education Group Inc also adopted the mobile platform we developed for use with other colleges in its global education network.
Team's Highlights | INPO
- Facilitated enrollment increase from under 500,000 to a record of 600,000+ students
- Within 1 year on launch, application adopted by 160+ in-network colleges worldwide
- Collaborated with 13 stakeholders and the in-house business strategy and design groups
- HCI/UI/UX design: interaction (IxD) and visual design, information architecture
- User research, usability testing, wireframes, prototypes, QA
- Defined the product roadmap, marketing strategy, brand awareness program and campaigns
- Contributed to the app’s features from low-fi prototypes to pixel-perfect deliverables
- Verified a $30+ MM/year increase in revenue and a 16% increase in profit margin
- Proposed a new interactive ad model leading to a 29% higher per-click lead conversion
Role Details and Exhibits
Each of my prior career roles has 2 dedicated pages on this site – a public summary like this one and a secure page with details and exhibits. My portfolio includes 40+ products/projects and 150+ docs, exhibits, studies and papers. Want more info? Click away!